We love to see you and your families out and about enjoying the great outdoors in our Essex Country Parks, so this summer holiday we’re running a competition for you to share pictures doing just that on our Facebook pages. Each week we’ll pick a winner from across the parks to receive a summer goody bag, and each week’s winner (our 'visitors of the week’) will be entered into a prize draw to win an Explorer Pass worth £75!
Whether you want to get on your bikes at Hadleigh Country Park, go fossil hunting and beachcombing at Cudmore Grove, feed the deer at Weald, hunt Gruffalo at Thorndon, picnic by the lakes at Danbury or let imaginations run wild on the music-themed play at Belhus Woods, there is something for all the family to enjoy, time and time again.
Entry to the parks is free, and every penny spent on car parking is reinvested into the upkeep and development of the parks and protection of the wildlife within.
We hope to see you soon.
To enter this prize draw simply do the following:
1) Take a picture in one of our Essex Country Parks, ideally of you and your family enjoying yourselves in one of your favourite places
2) Share this picture on Facebook tagging the Park it was taken in ideally and/ or VisitParks using the #CountryParksSummerSelfie
3) Like the Park Facebook Page where you’ve shared your photo (to make it easier for us to contact you!)
When you enter please be aware that you will be sharing rights of the photo with us. We will want to share each week’s winning image on our channels and may share a gallery of some of our favourites throughout and following the competition.
You can enter by sharing a ‘Summer Selfie’ at any of these parks:
Bottle of Brentwood IPA pale ale, Pinot Noir rose, Divine chocolates (sachet of milk chocolate hearts), wild bird coconut fat feast, farm dominoes, honey bee pencil toppers and erasers in a jar x2 of each, a magnetic shopping list AND a flamingo fleece picnic blanket!
Contents may vary.
Each week’s winner will then be entered into (another) prize draw to win an Explorer Pass worth £50! Find out more about the Explorer pass here.
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
(a) these terms and conditions; and
(b) the advertised competition entry procedure will be automatically disqualified.
11. ECC will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
13.ECC reserves all rights to disqualify any competition entry where:
(a) the entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition;
(b) the entrant uses false information; or
(c) it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
14. ECC reserves the right to implement any age requirements or any other eligibility criteria where necessary.
15. There is one prize for each winner and each winner will receive a prize to the same value.
16. No cash alternative is available. ECC reserve the right to substitute the advertised prize for another of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable.
17. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
Claiming the prize
18. Winners will be notified of their win on Facebook.
19. Winners must claim the prize within 7 working days of the date of the notification email.
20. If a prize is not claimed within 7 days, the winner will be disqualified, and an alternative winner will be selected at random from the correct entries that were received.
22.The prize may not be claimed by a third party on winner’s behalf.
23. ECC does not accept any responsibility if the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit or the winner is not able to take up the prize.
24. Insofar as is permitted by law, ECC, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage , personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of ECC, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data Protection and Publicity
25. ECC will only process your personal information as set out at https://www.essex.gov.uk/privacy-notices/Pages/Default.aspx.
26. In the event that you win this competition and accept the prize, you agree to:
(a) grant ECC the right to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and
(b) the use of any photographs or video footage to be featured on ECC’s web pages or social media sites.
28. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, ECC may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition.
29. ECC reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
31. In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, the final decision of ECC shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
This competition opens at 6.00am on Saturday 20 July and closes at 3pm on Friday 30 August 2019