Cressing Temple Medieval barns are the ideal environment for inspirational educational visits. The Barns date back to the 13th century, a time when the site was owned by the mysterious Knights Templar.
Come to Cressing Temple to experience an exciting historical activity day tailored to the National Curriculum.
A Tudor Day
Live like a Tudor for the day and experience the:
- Walled garden - discover plants used for food, clothes, dye, household tasks and medicine
- Kitchen - discover what Tudors ate and drank, how they preserved and cooked their food, and make a Pomander to protect you from the plague
- Classroom - learn what it was like to be in a Tudor classroom
- Games - experience Tudor's at leisure including maypole dancing, skittles and horseshoes, and listen to the popular music of Tudor times.
You can choose from the following sessions:
- Walled Garden - discover plants used for food, clothes, dye, household tasks and medicine. Learn to feed yourself from the hedges and byways.
- Armoury - learn how to be a knight, see how heavy the armour is and study the weapons of the time.
- Medieval documents - look at the documents of the time, see the action and study the results
- Barns and architecture - learn about how the buildings were used
- Medieval medicine - visit the Apothecary and have those wounds and ailments treated
- Music, dancing and games - experience Medieval games and listen to the popular music of Tudor times.
Who is it for?
Key stages 1, 2 and 3, and can be adapted to your class and curriculum. Just let us know what you need.